Friday, September 25, 2009

Perfection

Today was an absolutely amazing day. I cannot describe what exactly made it so special, because it was “nothing,” and at the same time, it was “everything.” Today was filled with realization; realization of friendship, of happiness, of appreciation, of acceptance. After only having one class, I spent the day having the perfect amount of social time and alone time. I lunched with three friends who I spend a great deal of time with, and after eating with them and sharing our stories, I realized how much I really love them. I think I have found some friends that will share with me in the joy of life for quite some time. I have already had such defining experiences with these people, and yet we have only known each other for a little less than a month. Because this week has been full of excitement in the form of my teaching internship, today was the first day I had some time to spend alone. Toute seule as we say in French. After lunch, I was excited to return home, log-in to itunes, buy the Grey’s Anatomy season premiere, and revel in all of its drama. I sat in my bed, drinking a coke and eating a chocolate croissant eagerly watching as the drama unfolded. Not only was the show premiere amazing, but the time I was able to spend by myself was exactly what I needed. I got a good amount of homework done before I went out for the night. I donned the boots and dress look tonight, which signifies I am moving into the more European, eclectic way of dressing. After a traffic-filled bus ride, I arrived at my stop and started walking towards the cathedral (our meeting point) and some sort of happiness/appreciation/acceptance/joy hit me. It was a very sudden onset of emotion, but as I walked through the streets of Nantes, my boots clanking on the cobblestone roads and the wind blowing through my hair, I felt overwhelmed with happiness. I often have these moments; when multiple days and weeks of experiences all kind of add up into one huge collection of emotional reflection. I wonder why God gives us (or maybe just me) these moments. Does He somehow believe that by reflecting on a collection of positive things, then the negative will be less apparent? Whatever the plan may be, I love these moments, where emotion sweeps through my body suddenly and for no reason, whatsoever.

1 comment:

Followers